Tekra Global Concepts Limited, formerly known as Tekra Global Ventures is a business conglomerate founded and registered as a business enterprise on the 12th of June 2006. It was later incorporated as a limited liability company on the 22nd of September, 2008 due to its outstanding performance in its different arms of business. We have various units which make up Tekra Global: Construction, Procurement, Technology, Fleet Management and Consultancy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fleet/Maintenance Supervisor
- Conducts fleet evaluations to ensure maintenance standards are met
- Updates and submits required reports in a timely manner.
- Supervises proper action in cases of accident, ensures the broken down or accident vehicles are recovered and relevant reports are made.
- Counsel drivers; develop/implement/monitor adherence to policies and procedures
- Develop/run/analyze productivity and operational reports.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance.
- Conducts and/or attends and contributes to periodic driver/safety meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among all employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Provides training and presentations as needed in a positive and professional manner.
- Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Ensures safe and reliable vehicles are available to meet operational requirements.
- Manages effective utilization of vehicle assets
- Review/process purchase requisitions for parts and supplies; review vendor bid responses for tools, equipment, parts and services; monitor expenditures.
- Review financial/budget reports and prepare yearly operating budget.
- Prepare annual bid list for parts and supplies
- Oversee the repair and maintenance operation for all vehicles
- Coordinate vehicle concerns and issues with vehicles
- Research and develop specifications for vehicles, equipment, supplies and materials.
- Plan/develop and execute a vehicle and equipment replacement schedule.
- Negotiate and establish repair cost or parts pricing with commercial vendors.
- Maintain equipment records in accordance with federal, state and local laws, policy or regulation; inventory state inspection.
Education and Experience:
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, and five to seven years previous experience.
- Preferred: Five or more years in a transportation operations and/or fleet maintenance leadership role in a well-known establishment. Must have knowledge of vehicle repair.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license required.
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Preferred:
- Strong analytical and system skills to drive efficiencies and cost savings.
- Ability to work autonomously and to adapt to changing requirements and ad-hoc requests.
- Strong working knowledge and focus on safety.
- Drive and ability to progress to higher levels of responsibility in organization.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills.
- Proven record of successfully driving financial and operational goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written business communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 22nd February, 2019.
Share this opportunity with others