International Justice Mission (IJM) is a fast growing international organization working to protect some of the most vulnerable and oppressed people from violent forces of injustice by securing rescue and restoration for victims and ensuring public justice systems work for the poor. IJM is seeking a talented Caseworker to join the Aftercare team to facilitate psycho-social services to child survivors of forced labor trafficking and their primary caregivers.
The position is based in Accra with frequent travels to other parts of the country, including the Volta Region; and reports to the Director of Casework.
• Provide immediate crisis care, advocacy and assessments for children coming out of forced labor trafficking situations and ensure all victims receive legally mandated government protections.
• Assist IJM multidisciplinary teams and law enforcement officers in conducting child-sensitive interviews with victims and witnesses regarding forced labor trafficking that can be utilized in ongoing investigations, legal proceedings, and aftercare assessments.
• Support victims and witnesses throughout judicial proceedings in partnership with multidisciplinary teams of advocates and care providers.
• Complete comprehensive needs assessments, including family and community assessments, toward the safe reunification of a survivor to his or her family and home community.
• Work with Casework Managers and partner providers to implement treatment plans for the sustained restoration of the child survivor, based on assessed needs of the child and his or her primary caregivers and in accordance with IJM Minimum Standards of Care.
• Facilitate reunification service referrals through a network of partner providers.
• Assist Casework Managers to implement strategies for the provision of direct assistance to survivors and their families in cases where aftercare stakeholders are unable or unwilling to address critical needs.
• Thoroughly document and monitor service provision and progress of participants within IJM’s internal electronic database (CTMS).
• Undertake other duties and responsibilities as required to ensure the sustained restoration of child survivors, in line with IJM’s Minimum Standards of Care.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Graduate with Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or relevant field.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, especially with children and their caregivers, the indigent and
• otherwise vulnerable individuals.
• Experience in building collaborative partnerships with other social service providers.
• Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
• Excellent listening and analytical skills.
• Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
• Fluency in any two of the following languages: Ewe, Dangbe and Twi.
• Strong result-orientation.
• Passionate commitment to IJM’s mission and values.
• Mature Christian faith.
• Strongly committed to child protection principles against unlawful child labor.
• Attention to detail organized and disciplined with priorities.
• Professional in demeanor, appearance, writing and oral communication.
• Works well under stress with a sustained positive attitude.
• Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
• Intelligent, creative and proactive problem solver.
• Strong value of teamwork and collaboration, particularly within a multidisciplinary
The mission of International Justice Mission is to protect people from violent forces of injustice by securing rescue and restoration for victims and ensuring public justice systems work for the poor.
How To Apply For The Job
Send Cover Letter, Resume, & Statement of Faith* By E-mail :
Closing Date: 24 March, 2019
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.