Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is recruiting for fulltime Senior Malaria Project Officer II.
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Malaria Project Officer II
Job ID: 13-10530
Group/Office: TEG (Technical Excellence Group)
Dept/Unit: FAOGEN – FAO General
Project/Program: A576 – PMI – S
Reports To: Senior Malaria Technical Advisor
- PMI-S is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH. The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria and its complications and, prevention of malaria during pregnancy and under-five children through SMC.
- PMI-S project is an indefinite delivery indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract with several task orders focusing on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) to develop national malaria control policies and guidelines for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020; and to analyze and use data to inform program decisions and investments.
- PMI-S will target eight states of Nigeria, namely; Akwa-Ibom, Benue, Cross-River, Ebonyi, Nasarawa, Oyo, Plateau and Zamfara to implement innovative strategies to increase malaria test rates and appropriate treatment with approved ACTs; increase reporting rates, accuracy and use of data for decision making; increase the uptake of IPTp among pregnant women attending ANC; and increase access to appropriate treatment of malaria, pneumonia and diarrhea through integrated community case management.
- The Senior Malaria Project Officer – Malaria is a technical position in malaria programming that works under guidance of the Senior Malaria Technical Advisor (SMTA)/Deputy Project Director (DPD), and with project staff, and partners on all aspects of project management and implementation.
- This is a pivotal position that in consultation with the Project Director leads alignment of project technical program — Surveillance Monitoring and Evaluation – Finance and Administration and – Learning Communication and Reporting.
- The position serves both federal level and state level task orders ensuring coherence across the levels, and will support the SMTA and State Team Director in availing competent malaria TA to state malaria programs once state task orders are awarded.
- Take responsibility for leadership of malaria technical areas assigned by supervisor
- Make contributions to PMI-S strategic and operational processes and procedures to ensure the project is technically on the cutting edge, delivering results and is visible locally and internationally.
- Co-develop detailed implementation plans for federal and state level task orders for submission to USAID.
- In consultation with the SMTA and Director Finance and Administration, coordinate PMI-S technical implementation of work plan ensuring that all technical and operational inputs required for successful implementation of the project are in place, so that the programs run smoothly, adhere to technical quality, fulfill programmatic objectives within budgetary guidelines, and comply with contractual requirements and applicable regulations.
- Mentor counterparts at NMEP on malaria technical and program management, and provide technical assistance in the design and management of NMEP branch and subcommittee meetings and activities to strengthen their effectiveness.
- In collaboration with the SMTA, grants team and SME, work with PMI-S partners and grantees at state level to define SOW and specific, quantifiable performance indicators and targets to inform the grants program
- Liaise with the Senior Advisor SME and make technical inputs into monitoring project workplan implementation, learning agenda and reporting according to the approved Activity Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP)
- Participate in operations research and project learning, document good/best practices, and public in local and international media
- Lead writing of project reports
Min Required Experience:
Qualifications and Experience
- Proficient personal and team organizational skills and demonstrated competence in assessing priorities and in managing a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment, and in meeting deadlines with attention to detail and quality is a must.
- Must have sound malaria technical and program expertise, and an understanding of the US Presidents’ Malaria Initiative (PMI) goals and objectives globally and within Nigeria is an added advantage.
- Post graduate degree in Public Health, Public Administration or Management, or a combination of equivalent relevant experience and education.
- Seven years-plus of progressively increasing responsibility managing malaria projects, or integrated health projects in a developing country.
- Substantial experience working with FMOH and State Health Teams in Nigeria.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a technical and managerial team to meet project objectives in multiple country sites and across multiple technical areas.
- Familiarity with and understanding of US Government regulations and administrative procedures.
- Demonstrated strategic agility, lobbying and advocacy, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, written and oral communication, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated writing and editing capability and working with spreadsheets to develop detailed implementation plans (DIP).
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently within Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
18th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply
About Management Sciences For Health (msh)
MSH, a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for gr…Know More about Management Sciences For Health (msh)