UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
• Support to program development and planning
• Program management, monitoring and delivery of results
• Technical and operational support to program implementation
• Networking and partnership building
• Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
The following additional key results will be expected from the incumbent of this position. Experience in these areas is desirable.
• Plan and provide technical support/guidance to the preparation and conduct/update of situation analysis to establish a comprehensive/updated strategic plan for development, design and management of health-related programs. Keep abreast of development trends to enhance program management, efficiency and delivery
• Provide technical and programming support for UNICEFs support to the national HIV/AIDS response, especially the efforts towards achieving the 90-90-90 targets by 2020. Provide technical advice and assistance to government officials and other partners in the planning, implementation HIV/AIDS prevention, Paediatric HIV treatment and care
• Provides cross-cutting technical support in the implementation and monitoring of PMTCT and paediatric AIDS treatment programmes. Coordinate UNICEF contributions towards the JUNTA – Joint UN programme of Support on HIV/AIDS. Foster strong partnerships with key HIV/AIDS stakeholders such as Global Funds to leverage resources for children.
Qualification Required & Experience
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in public health/nutrition, pediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, health policy and/or management, environmental health sciences, biostatistics, socio-medical, health education, epidemiology or other health related science is required.
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant progressive professional experience in public health/nutrition planning and management and/or in relevant areas of maternal and neonatal health care, health emergency/humanitarian preparedness is required. Some international experience preferably in a developing country, an asset.
• Relevant experience in health/nutrition program/project development and specific expertise in designing, scaling up and monitoring Peadiatric HIV & PMTCT programs in any UN system agency or organization is an asset
• Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 02 April, 2019