The Learning Trust (TLT) is a thriving South African non-profit foundation. TLT believes (and global learnings corroborate) that developing the often neglected After School sector has the potential to substantially improve the life outcomes of children and youth growing up in conditions of adversity, through keeping them engaged in learning, building their resilience, improving their psycho social health, and widening their access to work and tertiary education.
With its unusual combination of small grants and capacity development embedded in 5 year grant relationships, TLT has supported the development of over 100 emerging community based beneficiary organizations providing education support in the Western Cape, Eastern Cape and Gauteng since its inception 8 years ago. This well directed financial support, technical training, mentoring and coaching in a variety of organizational development areas, significantly accelerates the grantees’ growth and development towards self-reliance.
As part of this approach TLT has also facilitated the transformation of the After School/extended learning sector through the establishment of collaborative community education clusters in three provinces. In recent years TLT’s foundation of knowledge has also provided the basis for organizing Communities of Practice to share knowledge and experience, building up networks of NGO’s with congruent goals. We believe all this provides an exciting platform for expanding advocacy and communication, to ignite more resources into the sector.
To this end, TLT has also been building a community of donors interested in collaborating to support and grow exciting education interventions and building relationshipdis with government.
Job Title: Programme Officer
Job Location: Jonannesburg
To lead and implement The Learning Trust’s strategy and operational plans within Gauteng
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Supporting the national team in co-developing the organisational strategy, providing regular feedback for refinement and ongoing development
- Coordinating the implementation of the operational plan; monitoring, reviewing and reporting in line with set out administrative processes
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with grantees
- Collaborating with the national team in co-designing different forms of capacity support for the region, ensuring regional team input into the design process
- Successfully fulfilling of capacity support and professional development activities
- Communicating with all stakeholders in Gauteng
- Building partnerships with donors, government, grantees and other partners
- Supporting the national team in generating external communications to grantees and the sector
- Supporting the national team in coordinating advocacy campaigns for the sector
Requirements and essential competencies:
- At least a Bachelors degree; Masters an advantage
- Experience in Education and non-profit experience of at least 5 years
- Skills: facilitation, writing, mentorship and coaching
Please send your CV, letter of motivation and complete the AA bio summary form in MS word format to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday 29th March 2019