United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) is seeking to recruit a National Project Officer.
In the framework of the West Africa Competitiveness Project (WACP) project Ghana and under the overall guidance of its programme manager at the Division of Standardization and Quality Infrastructure (PTC/TII/SQI), UNIDO HQ in Vienna, the National Project Officer (NPO) is expected to perform but not limited to the following main duties:
• Provide specialist technical advice to the project manager on issues related to the project, ensuring that all activities are technically sound and properly planned.
• Develop Terms of Reference (ToR) and Job descriptions for the implementation of national and international activities.
• Provide technical guidance on the procurement of goods (conformity assessment equipment and other facilities)
and services related to the project and in accordance with relevant local and international guidelines in consultation with the National Coordinator, through:
– Formulate specifications for the intended goods and services;
– Formulate appropriate procurement documents, including bids and contracts;
– Evaluate procurement documents submitted by prospective suppliers;
– Assess the compliance of delivered goods and services against specified requirements and international standards.
• Ensure the technical preparation of technical meetings, workshops, seminars or trainings as required.
• Provide, at national level, technical advice and identify needs for training in the following areas: accreditation, metrology, conformity assessment (testing and calibration, inspection and certification), standardization, and quality promotion to the specific value chains.
• Assure, at the national level, the implementation of the technical activities of the Programme.
• Analyze relevant national or international consultants reports and follow-up implementation of recommendations at national level.
• Ensure the technical supervision of the missions of national and international technical experts. Conduct regular meetings with counterparts (including outside Accra).
• Identify linkages that each component should establish with other interventions (donors) together with the other project experts.
• Propose capacity building programmes in areas relevant to the Programme.
• Follow up delivery, installation and commissioning of technical equipment for laboratories and other technical structures.
• Undertake any other tasks related to the Programme as specified by the project manager.
• Ensure the coordination of the national technical and administrative activities of the Programme with proper implication the private sector, ministries and relevant institutions, as well as proper linkages with regional activities.
• Coordinate and facilitate, at national level, the missions of international and national experts and sub-contractors and ensure synergies at regional level.
• Ensure, at the national level, the administrative and financial management of the Programme, in liaison with the national UNIDO representative or UNDP office.
• Ensure meetings of the Technical Coordination Committee (TCC) and the Value Chain Strategic Committees (VCSCs), and manage its Secretariat.
• Ensure at national level synergy of actions among relevant organizations and institutions in the area of accreditation, metrology, standardization, conformity assessment (testing and calibration, inspection and certification) and the promotion of quality, as well as other activities related to TBT and SPS.
• Prepare national work plans (monthly, semi-annual and annual) and ensure their implementation and follow-up.
• Prepare national budgets proposals and TORs for subcontractors for the implementation of national activities.
• Prepare periodical technical reports (semi-monthly, semiannual and annual) on implementation of activities of the Programme at national level.
• Prepare the semi-annual and annual report of the Programme.
• INTEGRITY: To work honestly, openly, impartially and in accordance with the values of the United Nations.
• PROFESSIONALISM: To work in a competent, committed and calm manner.
• RESPECT FOR DIVERSITY: To work effectively, respectfully and inclusively with people from different backgrounds and with different perspectives.
• RESULTS ORIENTATION AND ACCOUNTABILITY: To be accountable and responsible for achieving results and meeting performance standards.
• PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: To plan, organize and manage work effectively and efficiently.
• COMMUNICATION AND TRUST: To communicate effectively and build trust.
• TEAM ORIENTATION: To cooperate at various levels.
• CLIENT ORIENTATION: To be responsive towards those to whom services are provided internally and externally.
• ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND INNOVATION: To realize continuous improvement, support innovation, share knowledge and skills and learn from others.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Advanced university degree in science, business administration, economics or any other relevant discipline with a specialization in trade, project management.
• Fluency in written and spoken English is required. The candidate should have working knowledge of the national language.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 04 April, 2019