Weatherford Nigeria is recruiting for fulltime DS R&M Workshop Manager.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 800 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: DS R&M Workshop Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Family: Repair & maintenance
- Under broad direction of District, Regional or Hemisphere DSM, responsible for the maintenance, quality and reliability of Weatherford International, Drilling Services equipment at a single facility within the designated sub Product Group Line/s (PGL/s).
- Ensures all operations involving personnel are conducted safely, efficiently, and in an effective manner centered around a culture of people development with a high focus on safety and quality excellence.
- This position encompasses multiple disciplines to ensure functionality of a R&M facility by integrating people, property, processes, systems and technology.
- Deploys, and maintains processes, collates & reports KPI’s to clearly communicate facility QHSSE, productivity & financial performance aligned to operations and overall business goals and objectives for a District within the designated PGL/s.
- Responsibilities include all aspects of the R&M organization pertaining to the sub PGL/s within a single facility such as Quality, HSE, Security, head count & capacity planning, purchasing, Inventory and warehouse management, 3rd party on-site contractors, logistics and effective preventative maintenance program for R&M facility equipment to ensure reliable & efficient delivery of Drilling Services product and equipment, supporting operational objectives.
- Demonstrate safety leadership in all activities and sustain a demonstrated commitment QHSE & R&M practices.
- Understudy the duties of the R&M for succession and operational support.
- Organizes and coordinates all activities associated with maintaining Drilling Services equipment at a single facility within the designated PGL/s
- Responsible for ensuring the duties carried out within an R&M facility are performed so in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
- Responsible for the effective tactical implementation and sustainability of the Global R&M Strategy and other Business Plans directed by the DSM within a single facility.
- Drives improved performance at a facility level using the R&M, technical, program and people systems.
- Ensures adequate resources are planned and executed such as head count, facility infrastructure & R&M support equipment which is aligned to support current & future operational business needs.
- Assists in the development of all PGL/s personnel (technical and support) to include mentoring, training, competencies and succession planning. Coaches, counsels, and administers disciplinary actions when appropriate.
- Manages & reports maintenance costs as well as complete forecasting to support maintenance activities.
- Works with DSM & Operations Coordinator to prioritize repairs and processes.
- Ensures communication with DSM & Operations Coordinator on capability status.
- Works with Asset & Logistics Coordinator to ensure the correct status of all assets and ensures timely control and movement of all shipments relating to the PGL/s.
- Monitors cost trends for facility PGL/s running costs & ensures accuracy of maintenance costs are captured against appropriate maintenance work orders and forwarded to DSM for P&L review.
- Implement & Collate key facility PGL/s KPI’s as directed by the DSM and ensure they are effectively communicated to all facility employees.
- Participate in employee evaluations including goal setting and performance reviews.
- Established clear and effective communication within the facility through local SQDC boards, facility meetings & daily tool box meetings for all personnel.
- Ensures an effective preventative maintenance program is established for all facility support equipment (e.g. OH cranes, BOM’s, calibration equipment, rack inspections, facility repairs, etc.)
- As directed by DSM works to integrate initiatives with other continuous improvement objectives (i.e., Reliability, HSE, Lean, Six sigma) finding synergies, overlaps, duplicates and resolving conflicts.
- Responsible for internal audits and accident investigation as directed by corporate and the DSM and will support all external customer audits.
- Will actively participate in monthly and quarterly reviews to KPI data, review of high impact R&M incidents and other key metrics assigned by the organization.
- Ensure workshop housekeeping and layout remains effective in line with R&M requirements and best practices i.e. LEAN.
- Ensure completion and compliance with all maintenance documentation requirements.
- Ensure that Failure Analysis is accurately completed and communicated in a timely manner.
Min Required Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of Technical training and industry experience
Experience & Competencies:
- Extensive technical knowledge/experience in Oil Field Drilling Service tools Repair & Maintenance.
- Exposure to and understanding of database software such as SAP or JD Edwards.
- Knowledgeable in the concept and integration of predictive and preventive maintenance.
- Experience operating within a Quality & HSE related Management System compliant to industry standards (ISO 9001, 14001, 18001, API Q2) are desired.
- Experience as a Lead Technician is not essential but highly desired.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience in negotiating skills, leadership training, personnel development, diversity training and HR related training.
- Must possess good communication skills, time management skills, planning and organizational skills. Ability to make effective presentations is required.
- Advanced computer skills, including office platforms.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
13 Positions – Not Specified