Willers Solutions Limited – Our client, an Oil and Gas firm located in Lagos is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Machinist
- Responsible for the Operation of Machines such as Lathe (Turner), Milling Machine, Surface grinder, Key-slotter, Boring Mill, Radial Drill & Band saw (machinist).
- Carry out basic inspection and preventive maintenance (PMs) of equipment and all their accessories.
- Carry out minor breakdown maintenance of these machines. He must be able to record and document the work carried out on a daily basis
- Rework or machine new components to required tolerance, based on Drawings/sketches or sample parts/ mating part.
- He should be able to carry out the necessary layout, precision marking prior to machining.
- Monitor the quality control of manufactured parts prior to assembly of equipment.
- Work with Lead Technician/ Supervisors and other team members to carry out complete overhauls or installation and commissioning of various types of centrifugal pumps and compressors, reciprocating and screw compressors in addition to blowers in company’s workshop, this also includes bearings and mechanical seal change-outs
- Dynamically balance rotors and fans according to ISO 1940
- Represent the company in a positive manner while executing his tasks, by maintaining a excellent safety record and behaving professionally with clients and team members at all times.
- Must be HSE knowledgeable and demonstrate a safe working culture at all times.
- Minimum of an Ordinary National Diploma, Technical School Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or any related field.
- Min of 5 years of relevant experience as Turner/Machinist.
- HSE trainings and certifications
- Must be responsible for all the tools he uses, and take good care of them when required he will carry out PMs, on tools and workshop machines.
- Ability to read and interpret Component drawings of equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret manuals and instructions.
- Ability to use electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and hand tools
- Ability to use precision measurement tools such as micrometers and other related measurement tools.
- Ability to work in a team and TQM environment and be a contributing member.
- Ability to carry out all dimensional checks and assist in preparing accurate and timely reports
- Must be very competent with various measuring tools like, Vernier Calipers, Depth caliper/ micrometer, ID/OD micrometers, Dial gauges, Combination set, feeler gauges etc.
- Must be able to read and understand, component drawings/sketches.
- Ability to prepare JRA for his task and participate in the TBMs.
- Basic slinger/rigging skills.
- Good math skills
- Previous experience and /or trainings with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)/ OEM reps, is a plus
- Previous experience in mechanical or assembly work of rotating equipment is a plus.
- Good mechanical ability and manual skillfulness is essential
- Welding experience is a plus
- HSE trainings/ First –aid/ Fire-fighting training a plus.
- Rigging/banksman/crane operation a plus.
- Interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Working independently with limited supervision
- Problem solving skills
- HSE trainings/ First –aid/ Fire-fighting training
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV (MS Word Format) to: [email protected] Using “Machinist” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates would be shortlisted.
Application Deadline: 4th April, 2019.
Timely information is key to getting a job. Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Share this opportunity with others