Nigeria Customs Service was established in 1891, and it is saddled with the responsibilities of revenue collection, accounting for same and anti-smuggling activities. Today trade facilitation has become a fundamental role, progressively seen by government as an important element of economic policy, with Customs having a unique position within the hub of the international supply chain of goods and services.
Nigeria Customs Service that has for long been a steward of the nation’s trade and border management is not only under pressure like never before, but now has an enlarged role to perform at the highest levels, to facilitate legitimate trade in a global environment harboring a litany of threats. Nigeria Customs Service has the mission to provide services in ways that maximize efficiency and promote trade competitiveness wherein declarations are promptly processed.
Nigerian Customs Service Recruitment
Job: Inspectorate Cadre – ASSISTANT INSPECTOR (General Duty) – CONSOL 06
Assistant Inspectors are Mid-Level officers comprising of Assistant Inspectors of Customs.
Min Required Experience:
- Be a Nigerian Citizen by birth or descent
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-30 years
- Not be less than 1.7 metres in height, for male and 1.64 metres for female.
- Have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 metres, male.
- Be certified by a Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment in Service
- Not be suffering from any form of physical or mental disability
- Be free from any form of financial embarrassment
- Be of good character and must not have found guilty of any criminal offense
- Present a certificate of state of origin signed by the Chairman/Secretary of their Local Governments. Certificates endorsed by Liaison officers are unacceptable
Applicants must possess OND, NCE or its equivalent obtained from recognized Polytechnics and other institutions.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here