SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Piping Engineer (M/F)
Reference number: 2019-11648
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract: Temporary work contract
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract duration: 1 Year Renewable
- Carry out preliminary and basic facilities engineering studies / design in-house.
- Carry out detailed engineering studies / design in-house.
- Ensure that the facilities Engineering Contractors submit all deliverables on time and check it regularly.
- Prepares piping general arrangement drawings, piping, valve, fittings data sheets, specifications, MTOs.
- Coordinates the activity of a CADD designers for the execution of the drawings.
- Prepares isometrics, support drawings/calculations, support lists, requisitions.
- Carry out static and dynamic stress analysis calculations and checks with CAESAR 2 FEA tool.
- Carry out vibration analysis and checks with CAESAR 2 FEA tool.
- Reads and interprets facility engineering drawings, designs and make necessary modifications or recommendations.
- Interfaces with Procurement Dept., Project & Construction Sections for engineering related issues.
- Interfaces with vendors and OEMs on technical matters related with engineering modifications/design.
- Draws up and cross-check relevant procedures, international standards and TOTAL General Specifications.
- Follows-up Purchase Orders to ensure timely approval.
- Checks and approves mechanical engineering deliverables received from third parties.
- Check that the design is developed in line with the Pre-Project and the statement of requirements and in accordance with the COMPANY specifications and rules.
- Ensures effective and timely response to technical queries in compliance with set standards, company specifications and safety procedures.
- Ensures effective design studies for infrastructures produced by contractors.
- Participates in the auditing of facilities engineering design contractors
Min Required Experience:
- Evaluate and produce Production Facilities I Flow-line engineering drawings & design with respect to piping installation, layout and drawings, HAZOP studies & materials take-off.
- Carry out a study up to 0.5M$, supervising design contractors with work force up 10 Engineers, 5 draughtsmen
- Liaise with other sections of C&P, Production Dept & Procurement department.
- Perform line sizing and specification in accordance with regulatory standards.
- Perform piping calculations and FEA analysis using Finite Element Analysis tool.
- Issue specifications for materials procurement according to Company Specification & international standards
Minimum level of experience required:
- English (D-Full professional proficiency)
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here