Expert administrative operative in Accounting
a) As an ” accounting file management operative”:
Manage and contribute to the management of files concerning the post’s accounts according to the instructions and standards in force and under the manager’s supervision in order to guarantee the correct and transparent management of the post’s accounts.
- Collect and/or provide the necessary information and documents from/to contact persons and/or managers
- Encode and update data in the required accounting systems
- Prepare or contribute to preparing various documents or useful information according to the schedule: remuneration receipts, bonus tables, calculation of promotions, etc.
- Plan/contribute to planning budgets according to the planned timetable: budget preview and review (Tables C 60), etc.
- Execute approved payments.
- Manage correspondence with banks or other third parties in the framework of the accounting files.
- Archive accounting items and documents according to the instructions or in a logical order.
- Monitor and/or manage consular revenue
- Help with the renegotiation of contracts when possible or necessary with a view to budgetary savings (under the supervision of the answerable accountant).
- Transmit to the manager communications from local bodies that are relevant to budget management (e.g.: social contributions, VAT system)
b) As an “advisor-accounting field”:
Provide advice and support with regard to the accounting principles in order to support the post in a correct and sound accounting management
- Deal with the questions of the manager or of third parties concerned
- Provide general or specific oral or written advice as to the development of accounting processes
- Draw up notes/reports proposing improvement suggestions for the accounting management.
c) As a “general post logistics management operative (buildings, vehicles, other property or services“:
Contribute to managing the property and services required for the post, according to the instructions and standards in force so that the post is able to work in an optimum manner, without its work being disturbed by material concerns
- List work, supplies and various service needs
- Suggest an order of priority according to level of urgency and budgetary constraints
- Draft or help to draft specifications for works, equipment and services
- Monitor and/or contribute to monitoring public contracts (receipt and analysis of tenders, drafting of attribution reports, writing of order forms, follow-up of services, etc.).
- Contribute to the stock management of various equipment (vehicles, office equipment, technical devices, decoration, etc.)
- Keep inventories up-to-date
- Supervise works, the safety of buildings, etc.
- Manage contacts with security firms
Min Required Experience:
- A degree in Accounting or related field is a must (e.g. Asper degree, Higher National Diploma, Bachelor’s, ACA, etcetera)
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience in a similar position
- Fluently speaking, writing and reading in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Knowledge of either French or Dutch is an important asset.
Key Competencies and Required Skills:
- Be able to work in a team: Contribute to a good team spirit and a good atmosphere at work by sharing ideas and useful information, listening to the opinions of others, participating in the service’s activities, being prepared to help spontaneously or on request and combining strengths, avoiding and resolving disputes.
- Be service-oriented (internal and external users): Give priority to the needs of users (internal and external) and offer a fast, proactive, personalised, effective service (with the required transparency and integrity) and establish constructive contacts.
- Show respect: Show others respect and be open to their ideas, their opinions and their differences, whether cultural or other. Accept procedures and instructions in accordance with oneself and others.
- Be reliable/trustworthy/loyal: Act honestly, in accordance with the job’s requirements, respect ethical principles, including confidentiality and integrity, respect your commitments and avoid any form of partiality.
- Be able to adapt/Be flexible: Adopt a flexible attitude, adapt to changes in various situations. Be flexible in terms of the roles and tasks allocated, working hours and, if necessary, the place of work.
- Be capable of developing yourself: Constantly attempt to progress in your job and, if necessary, take initiatives to develop new skills according to available resources.
- Invest in order to achieve your goals: Be involved, do your utmost and show your wish to achieve your goals and the goals of the service and/or the post. Take responsibility for the quality of the actions undertaken.
Salary & Benefits
- The monthly gross salary is 534.370.- monthly
- Transport and housing allowance is 35,582.- Naira;
- 8% pension contribution is withheld;
- Accepted medical expenses are reimbursable at 90%.
- Holidays are 24 working days a year.
Method of Application
Submit application to: email@example.com by Wednesday May 15th, 2019 at the latest. Interested applicants for this position MUST adhere to the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Only electronic submissions sent in 1 email (containing the application letter, cv and additional documentation) will be accepted
- The current resume or curriculum vitae must provide the necessary information.
- Additional documentation must support/address the requirements listed above (e.g. Transcripts, Degrees, Certificates etc.)
- The application letter must be type-written and signed, apply specifically for this position, and address the minimum requirements as advertised.
- Electronic submissions cannot be larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments ONLY in PDF and Word formats, NOT pictures.
- Emails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted, neither will applications sent to any other email address than firstname.lastname@example.org
- All not resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, only contact applicants who are being considered will be contacted.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here