SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager Horticulture
Contract Duration: 2 years International Employment Contract, with strong possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: September 1, 2019
- The team leader will steer a team of around 7 staff in Abuja and additional field staff. As this would be SNV’s first project in Nigeria, the project manager will also represent SNV in Nigeria and has limited additional responsibilities regarding SNV Nigeria profiling and development of new projects. The project will have a field office in Kaduna, and perhaps also expand to other states at a later phase. The initial phase of the project is for four years.
- The team leader will report a SNV country director based in one of the neighboring countries.
The incumbent is responsible for leadership and coordination of program planning and management; coordination of programmatic themes; political analysis and will be in charge of the following:
- Account and report to SNV and the donor on project performance;
- Guide knowledge development, documentation and communication and branding in close collaboration with donor;
- Identify follow-up funding and partnership possibilities and business development.
- Manage change processes related to market systems, supply chain and sector development, enabling environment, , development of Public-Private Partnerships, etc. in the horticulture and potato sectors.
- Execute overall project management;
- Guide the project set-up, including developing work plans, budgets and competence table with financial responsibilities and mandates;
- Build, strengthen and manage partnerships with regional governments, key partners, institutions and stakeholders;
- Manage donor relations;
- Overall management of all human, physical and financial resources related to the project;
- Monitor performance of the project management team to ensure all milestones set in the annual work plan are met, develop mitigation plans to reduce risks and take corrective actions to remedy any deviation from the work plans;
- Able to strategically inspire and energies project teams;
- Multidisciplinary profile to support the different specialists in the team;
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Demonstrated experience in managing various stakeholders;
- Excellent communication (written and oral), reporting and presentation skills;
- Fluency in English is required (French is an advantage);
- Willingness to travel to all project locations.
- Experience in horticulture, potato sector, nutrition sensitive agriculture, fragile economies, and seed sector will be an advantage.
- A relevant post-graduate qualification in Business Administration, Agronomy, Agricultural Economy or related field;
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive responsibility and work experience in managing and implementing multi-faceted donor-funded development projects, preferably in Africa;
- Several years of experience with market development, value chain analysis and inclusive business;
- Solid experience in project management, fund management and budgeting, preferably at least 8 years of which at least three years in a difficult context.
- Excellent social and networking skills, ability to engage with the private sector, civil society, donors and governments;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 10th June, 2019.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!
Share this opportunity with others