ActionAid Ghana (AAG), an Affiliate of ActionAid International is looking to employ experienced and self- motivated individuals to fill the positions of Project Officer.
Job Title: Project Officer (CSO-RISE – Civil Society Organisations in Research and Innovation for Sustainable Development)
Directorate: Programmes, Campaigns and Innovation
Reports directly to: Project Manager with matrix relationship to the Regional Manager
(State major reason for the position)
• This role will provide technical support for the direct implementation of the activities of the CSO RISE project across the implementing districts and communities in the Northern or Upper East or Upper Westregion of Ghana.
• The role will also work with officers at the co-applicant’s level to ensure effective project implementation, stakeholder participation and monitoringto achieve stated project results.
Key Responsibilities: (List the major responsibilities the job holder is expected to perform)
• Support to develop tools, manuals and training resources needed for project implementation.
• Lead in community sensitisation meetings and facilitate the identification, mobilisation and participation of groups.
• Provide technical and facilitation support to implement project activities, ensuring active participation of community and district stakeholders to achieve expected outputs.
• Work with project target groups to identify strategies or solutions for more immediate redress of their problems.
• Support to conduct periodic reviews, reflections and planning meetings with co-applicants, communities, implementing partners and other stakeholders to inform project strategies.
• Monitor project activity and submit implementation reports on monthly basis to Project Manager.
• Document and submit case studies and stories of change for donor reporting and other ActionAid needs, on quarterly basis.
• Undertake any relevant tasks related to the project or ActionAid, assigned by the Project Manager, Programme Manager of a CLT member.
Policy engagement and advocacy
• Support to develop TOR for project research, reviews and evaluation exercises.
• Liaise with Project Manager and ActionAid’s Campaigns team to plan and implement district-level advocacy actions on promoting sustainable agriculture, ensuring decent work and strengthening social protection schemes aimed at project beneficiaries
• Provide technical support to local CSOs who receive financial support from the project to develop their advocacy action plans for implementation and consolidation of their work around project themes.
Coalitions and Networks
• Support to create and/or strengthen district and regional networks and platforms of project target groups specified in the project documents such as network of Female Extension Volunteers and smallholder women farmer groups and networks.
• Identify and mobilize allies to support advocacy efforts at the community, district and regional level.
• Liaise with the finance unit to implement cost effective strategies and systems to ensure optimum efficiency and effectiveness, in full compliance with value for money principles, ActionAid’s Financial Policy and Procedures Manual and the donor’s financial guidelines.
• Identify emerging issues from project implementation and support to package them into concept notes for possible partnership funding.
• Support to develop documentation highlighting the challenges and lessons learnt from the project, and disseminate widely to position AAG as a learning organisation.
Safeguarding/ Child Protection responsibilities
• Be abreast with ActionAid’s safeguarding policies, including our child protection policy and ensure full compliance with its provisions.
• Educate community members, staff and partners on safeguarding polices and other relevant regulatory frameworks of ActionAid Ghana.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences/ Agriculture/ Development Studies or relevant field with 3years relevant work experience.
TECHNICAL (State core job knowledge/skills required for successful execution of the job)
• Knowledge of Human Rights Based Approach to project implementation
• Knowledge and experience in project implementation, especially relating to sustainable agriculture, decent work and social protection.
• Skills in advocacy and campaign initiatives.
• Knowledge of gender issues and power dynamics
• Knowledge in effective training approaches, community mobilisation and facilitation processes
• Skills in writing quality reports and case studies.
• Knowledge of M&E principles
• Knowledge of Micro-Soft Office applications and social media
PERSONALITY (State core personal attributes required for successful execution of the job)
• Change agent
• Team player
• Quality of output
Location: Tamale – Northern Region, Zebilla – Upper East Region and Wa – Upper West Region
How to Apply For the Job
Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are NOT acceptable.
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to:
Closing Date: 31 May, 2019
“ActionAid Ghana is an equal opportunities employer. Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.”