Creative Media Center for Development (CMCD) is recruiting for fulltime Consultancy Script/Creative Writer.
Creative Media Centre for Development is a media development non-governmental organization in Nigeria registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). It combines Media content development, Media Trainings and Community Outreaches to address specific community concerns and issues, which will in turn leads to debates, discussions and an open society that brings about political, economic and social development. We are based in FCT but work in various communities;We currently seek passionate and committed individuals with a history of successful performance to fill various roles on an upcoming project to be executed in Nasarawa State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultancy Script/Creative Writer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Media/TV/ICT
- The individual must naturally have passion for creative writing and has proven track records.
- Knowledge on drugs issues including prevention, treatment and care an added advantage.
- Responsible for creating the idea for a script and conducting research to get information for a short film/ web series on drugs prevention, treatment and care
- Story idea generation and script research
- Planning of script, character development, script writing on these key areas:
- Socialization and associated Stigma with drug Use,
- Prevention and challenges of the law and law enforcement on drug use,
- Human rights of a drug user and access to treatment, care & support services,
- Special population (e.g Female Sex Workers etc) and their peculiarity to drug use and abuse
- Issues around supply reduction and demand reduction (Drug abuse as a public health issue rather than legal issue)
- Drug policy Reform.
- Revise scripts under the direction of producers and directors
- Assist the director with required resources for successful shoot/production
- Manage casts in terms of delivering scripts and internalizing items
- Ensure compliance of both casts and crew on the organization’s policies
- Stay on top of current entertainment trends
- Ability to multitask and keep to deadlines
Min Required Experience:
- Minimum of first degree, additional qualification is an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years
- Creative writing skills,
- Good communication skills,
- Interpersonal skills,
- Excellent computer/ICT skills
Duration of the Consultancy
- The duration of the consultancy will be 25-30 days, in consultation with the CMCD Focal Point, the Consultant will generate a schedule specifying the implementation of the documentation and editorial process until delivery of the final product.
Terms and Conditions of Payment
- The Consultant/videographer will be paid 50% upon signing the contract and the remaining 50% within 30 days after having satisfactorily completed the shoot and submitted content to Creative Media Centre for Development office, Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
19th June, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter as one document including links/sample of previous jobs to:firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as subject of the mail.
- Applications sent in after the deadline will not be considered.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to email@example.com
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
15 Positions – Not Specified
1 Position – Not Specified