Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Ref No: 190001LQ
Locations: Kano and Bauchi
Employee Status: Permanent
- This position will be responsible for implementing and/or coordinating all financial functions for the state office.
Scope of Role
- Reports to: STEER Finance Manager
- Staff directly reporting to this post: Finance Assistant
Key Areas of Accountability
- Prepare monthly partner transfer and ensure prompt transfer of such funds to all partners.
- Collect partner’s financial report and necessary documentation and perform monthly reconciliation of all partner’s advances.
- Support the Chief of Party in the monthly review of transaction listings and monthly variance analysis.
- Prepare all adjustment journals including reallocations, exchange rate for approval by the Finance Manager.
- Responsible for managing all staff programme advances and ensure proactively reconcile the advance account.
- Coordinate the monthly cash forecast process for the STEER project and ensure that there is always adequate funds for the implementation of the project
- Attend to all financial related queries from the Chief of Party
- Responsible to legally minimise tax liabilities through informed application of tax laws and regulations
- Ensure that all remittances are done within the required timeline
- Ensure the monthly reconciliation of the tax account including PAYE and WHT account
- Manage tax compliance, reporting, and filing works for the organization.
- Act as the key point of contact and support for our local taxation matters
- Act as key point of contact for collection and issuance of Credit note to all Save the Children International Vendors and Suppliers.
- Monthly remittance of all staff pension deductions and submission of the schedule to the various PFAs
- Monthly reconciliation of all staff pension account on Agresso including matching off of all reconciled account
- Monthly remittance of NHF, NSITF and every other statutory deductions
- Constantly liaise with the National Housing Fund to credit each staff member account with the deduction.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or line manager
- Internal: All SCI staff, in particular the STEER project team
- External: Auditors, Bank, Government bodies, include regulatory agencies and Vendors.
Min Required Experience:
Skills And Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience in computerized and accounting systems.
- Experience in working with partners accountable for grants and other financial support provided to implement project activities, particularly at community level.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Language Requirements: Spoken English-Excellent; Written English-Excellent
- Must be able to speak Hausa language.
- Level of IT Expertise: Excellent (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Professional certificate in accounting and finance
- Good training and facilitation skills (for financial training/support to partners).
- Ability to multi-task, engage in long-term planning, meet deadlines, and handle last-minute demands; exercise patience, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to be creative and proactive health service improvement is essential.
Application Closing Date
21st June, 2019.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here