iBez – We provide software development and training services to organisations and individuals in emerging and underserved communities. Our aim is to grow businesses and solve everyday problems using software technologies, bridge the software development skills gaps and promote digital inclusion. In addition, as we go about our daily lives, we frequently come across issues that can be solved using technology solutions, so we’ve built a couple of innovative and unique web-based platforms that connect consumers and skilled workers to essential services and new markets making life so much more easier for us.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Application Support Consultant
Job Description and Purpose
- We currently seek a seriously awesome and talented person to join our busy and growing start-up as an Application Support Consultant. The Application Support Consultant will be responsible for supporting our clients with any issues they may have with our systems, bug-fixing, maintenance of applications, carrying out backend administrative tasks and will also be involved in new development projects.
- On a day to day basis, you will be called upon to help clients with their IT needs and ensure all our client facing applications are working to their optimum.
The role will include the following, but not be limited to:
- Preparing procedural and technical documentation on new applications
- Report writing
- Ensuring business continuity by ensuring sites are secure, making recommendations for improving the company’s IT systems and carrying out routine maintenance and back-up of Handy-Jacks and Lets-Share, and all websites
- Participate in project work for new application developments
- Test and evaluate new software solutions during development and prior to roll-out
- Support the roll-out / deployment of new applications
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- Respond within agreed time limits to client requests
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Prioritise and manage many open cases at one time
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals and partners
- Conduct daily checks on applications and websites
- Participate in training events and marketing activities
- Providing 1st and 2nd line support to iBez clients
- Troubleshooting system problems, diagnosing and solving software faults investigating and diagnosing user problems and complaints,
- Talking clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone or via email, to help use their applications, Handy-Jacks or Lets-Share applications and resolve issues
- Administrative support and maintenance for Handy-Jacks and Lets-Share applications
- Updating content on websites and applications, backend support tasks
- Troubleshooting and Bug-fixing
- Deploying and configuring applications
- Monitoring and maintaining applications usage stats on iBez website,
- Handy-Jacks and Lets-Share applications
Personal Skills Required:
- Responsive and dependable
- A self-starter who can work using own initiative, spot new issues and mitigate them quickly
- Ability to work as part of a small but varied team in a technology start-up
- Must own a laptop and have internet access
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good knowledge of IT Software Development Lifecycle
- Hands on experience of IT or Customer Support
- Good organisational skills
- Good time management
- Ability to meet targets and deliver on time
- Organised with good attention to detail skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV to: [email protected]
using the Job title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 15th June, 2019.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!
Share this opportunity with others