mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities.
Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits.
m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. In 2017, m2m and its partners enrolled 2.3 million new clients. m2m has virtually eliminated mother-to-child transmission of HIV among the enrolled clients it serves directly for the last four years, with an average transmission rate of just 1.6%, while 97% of children in its ECD programmes meet all of their development milestones at 12 months. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Job Title: Senior Programme Technical Officer – QA/QI
Job Location: South Africa
The Senior Programme Officer, Technical will support the Programme Management Unit (PMU) in designing, establishing and routinely monitoring programme performance management systems implemented globally or as part of country specific projects. S/He will be responsible for quality assurance and quality improvement as well as supporting learnings, based on data driven models and strategic information.
This position will provide oversight during the implementation of new interventions, innovations, operations research and facilitate the robust data driven performance management required at project start-up. Specifically the Programme Officer will work closely with the Senior Technical Advisor and the PMU to develop programme operational models, programme targets, provide on-going mentorship on implementation procedures, provide supportive supervision ensuring that client management tools are adapted and used with the fidelity they deserve at start-up, working closely with the emerging project teams.
The incumbent will also be responsible for performance tracking of innovation and technical start-up activities including extraction and utilization of routine data for programme performance management.
S/He will report directly to the Senior Technical Advisor, RMNCH and will be based at m2m’s Head Office in Cape Town.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Nursing, Health Administration, Health Management, Social Works
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in technical and operational programme implementation with specific focus on data driven QA/QI, programme performance management
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi-sectoral teams and effectively coordinate with a range of stakeholders including government, community and other civil society organizations
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Operations Research
- Demonstrated experience in training and capacity building
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English
- Strong Computer Literacy (Microsoft packages).
- Action and results-oriented with the ability to lead decisively and motivate staff to perform optimally.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent understanding of RMNCAH, HIV indicators and routine performance tracking
- Good understanding digital health platforms such as Commcare
- Ability to draw and interpret reports from digital health platforms and electronic databases like Commcare, DHIS2, Redcap,
- Excellent ability to use Ms. Excel and Access for data analysis and use among frontline workers
- Flexible with ability to work under pressure
- Fluency in English essential; fluency in local language is an advantage;
- Team player, self-motivated, creative, resourceful, flexible, energetic with sound judgment
- Dynamic leadership skills and high level of personal integrity
- Flexible with ability to work under pressure
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Valid and unendorsed driver’s license.
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Interested applicants should apply for this position via www.m2m.org
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 18 June, 2019