International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is recruiting for fulltime Safety Advisor-Mobile.
The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO), founded in 2011, is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Advisor – Mobile
- We are seeking an experienced individual to join our team as INSO Mobile Safety Advisor (MSA) to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- The Mobile Safety Advisor for Nigeria will combine a strong humanitarian and safety background with experience of a similar country risk context, a clear understanding of humanitarian safety principles, conflict analysis and with a flexible, outgoing personality.
- He/she will be able to interpret and articulate and publish best information and principled, expert advice to a broad range of humanitarian actors.
- Safety Advisor positions are highly rewarding roles, offering a unique opportunity to work in a close-knit team giving security analysis and advice that is not only some of the best of its kind, but that is also vital to the efforts of the NGO community to deliver aid and assistance to the thousands of people who need it.
- Successful candidates will be outgoing and resilient, with the ability to analyse complex security issues and contexts, give sound practical safety and security advice, communicate to an excellent standard of English both verbally and in writing, and above all else share INSO’s commitment to humanitarian principles.
- The Mobile Safety Advisor is a roving specialist who is frequently deployed to our regional offices (Nigeria, Niger and Cameroon) in order to cover standard SA duties whilst the regional SA is out of office, and to support local teams in crisis situation or with trainings and on-the-job orientations. Frequent travels and flexibility in adjusting to different regional teams and situations are key requirements of this post.
- In addition, the applicant will be able to identify trends and patterns within quantitative datasets of security incidents, linking this information to broader political and socio-economic developments.
- The applicant must also be an appropriate representative of INSO among a diverse and important audience of members and a wide network of contacts, including UN agencies, international donors and organizations, local communities and their leaders.
- In addition to providing potentially life-saving advice and analysis, our Safety Advisor must consistently represent INSO’s mandate of neutrality and independence, while upholding humanitarian principles and actively promoting the improvement of operating practices, to allow access to be retained and expanded, and vital services to be delivered safely and promptly.
- Establish and maintain an active information network, which includes NGOs, the UN, military forces, and other national and international security actors to obtain credible and relevant safety information.
- Provide NGOs with timely and credible security information and contextual analysis of the local security situation through: daily incident alerts, weekly incident lists and bi-weekly analytical reports.
- Facilitate and lead regional NGO community security round-tables.
- Assist NGOs in developing their own security management capacities by reviewing policy documents, conducting site-security surveys, and assisting in crisis evacuation planning.
- Manage a small office team, including supervision national staff and oversight of local logistics and administration.
- Effectively represent, promote and protect INSO’s mandate of independence, impartiality and neutrality.
- Support the Deputy Director for Support and the Regional Analyst in development of context-specific analysis across the region
Min Required Experience:
- Fluency in English & French (written and spoken).
- Graduate level education or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in insecure/conflict-affected environments.
- Strong writing and proven analytical abilities (proven written/published sample requested).
- Demonstrable understanding of humanitarian safety practices and principles and their application.
- Minimum 1 recent year experience in Cameroon, Niger or Nigeria – ideally in an NGO safety role or equivalent – and demonstrable understanding of the security dynamics and context.
- Employment history that reflects experience in both security and civilian fields.
- Experience with NGO security and/or project management.
- Local language skills.
Key Personal Competencies:
- A good listener
- An effective communicator
- Excellent analyst
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A people manager
Terms & Conditions
- 12-month contract with a start date ASAP, €4,550 per month salary, 4 calendar days’ annual leave per month and 7 days of R&R every two months, global medical coverage, AD&D coverage.
Application Closing Date
28th June, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, which should include the following below, by e-mail to: email@example.com with the reference “INSO Mobile Safety Advisor – Lake Chad Basin” in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (1-page maximum).
- Up to date CV (2-page maximum).
- Contact information for 3 referees (preferably, work-related and from previous line managers).
- Reviews and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, and the post will be closed once a suitable candidate is found
- Please do not send any additional information (such as copies of certificates, copies of diplomas, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
3 Positions – Not Specified