Vodacom Business, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vodacom Group, is a leading pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications provider that has brought affordable and reliable connectivity to Africa since 1992. In that time, we have built strong relationships in the sectors that are driving the continent’s economic growth; helping them stay connected across Africa, and to the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Credit Control & Cash Collection Specialist
Department: Finance Department
Reporting to: Finance Manager: Credit Control & Cash Collection
Employment Type: Permanent
Job type: Full-time
Band: Band H
Key Roles / Qualification
- The Job holder will be responsible for reporting of receivables, customer vetting, deal with internal and external queries about payment and ensure customers pay on time.
- The job holder must have a Degree in Accounting or Social sciences with a minimum of 4 years’ post NYSC experience especially in a Credit control and cash collection function. Possession of ICAN/ACCA or MBA certificate will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of IFRS, local and global Management Accounting Trends
- Perform internal procedures such as booking of payment receipts, processing of credit notes and tax entries
- Carry out account reconciliation and attend reconciliation meetings with customers on payment issues
- Carry out telephone and email follow up and ensure collections are done as at when due
- Responsible for the preparation of Account Receivable reports and meeting the monthly submission deadline.
- To act in capacity and coordinate the credit control team at any time during the absence of the Finance Manager, Credit Control and Collection.
- Any other AR duties which might be required
- Administer Customer credit vetting and new customers on boarding procedures
- Manage customer relationship in terms of payments of all invoices within agreed timeline based on contracts
- Ensure delivery of invoices to Vodacom customers based on the agreed payment terms
- Dealing with internal queries about payments, ensuring customers pay on time and negotiating re-payment plans
- Ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner
- Meet cash & debtor day targets set by the Finance Manager: Credit control and Cash Collections
- Regularly making contact with customers to ensure all relevant debts are managed as necessary
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness
- Ensure all payment cheques are picked and remitted to Vodacom bank accounts
- Issue and ensure delivery of payment receipt to customers
Knowledge and skills:
- Good knowledge of IFRS, local and global Management Accounting Trends and practices
- Excellence in analytical and logical reasoning
- Good Knowledge of Account Receivables Management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office(Excel, Word& Power point)
- Proficiency in the use of an ERP – SAGE
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- High level of Computer and analytical skills
- Accounting skills.
- Multitasking ability
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal daily supervision
- Team player and Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV to: [email protected] Using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!
Share this opportunity with others