United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: FT Administrative Assistant, (GS-4)
Job Number: 523065
Work Type: Fixed Term Appointment
How can you make a difference?
- Under the direct supervision of the Operations Officer, the Administrative Assistant performs a variety of administrative/HR duties related to the administration of the office.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Searches office administrative and personnel files and records relating to a variety of topics for information and references. Selects information and records in specified format for use by the Operations Officer and other staff in preparing reports, correspondence, technical papers, plans and general reference documents.
- Assists staff members and their dependents by processing requests for visas, identity cards, and other necessary administrative-related documents, in accordance with the requirements of the United Nations and Nigeria. Maintains information on staff attendance, leave etc and provides status report to the Admin/HR Assistant.
- Drafts routine correspondence, briefings, memoranda and reports which may be of confidential nature via oral instructions, previous correspondence, policy and procedure manuals or other available information sources, in accordance with standard office procedures. Also responsible for taking minutes and/or notes at meetings as required.
- Assist with travel and hotel reservations, prepares travel authorization forms, security clearance, and assembles information pertaining to the purpose of travel.
- Classifies and codes material relating to a number of subject matter areas and maintains staff and general office files.
- Makes requisitions for stationery, distributes and maintains inventory record for the Operations unit of the field office.
- Performs other duties, as required.
Min Required Experience:
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Completion of secondary education; supplemented by University Education or its equivalent in Office Administration or Secretarial studies.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of one other UN working languages is desirable. Knowledge of local language of the duty station is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
Application Closing Date
Wednesday; 26th June, 2019 at 23:55:00 GMT+0100 (West Africa Standard Time)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here