Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities; sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Graduate Volunteer
Start date: 17th June, 2019
- The goal of this role is to increase income and income security for the poor and marginalized through more equitable participation in value chains.
- You will be part of the implementation of the integrated livelihoods V4D grants through changes in selected value chains and training in Agriculture Extension Services with focus on value chain crops such as Cowpea, groundnut, millets and maize.
- Provide support to VSO and its implementing partner’s intervention areas: Context Analysis (data collection), Good Agronomic Practices (GAP), Group Strengthening, Value Chain Linkages, Commercial Enterprise Development and Advocacy.
- Actively engage with all key stakeholders who support activities and contribute to the overall success of the programme and assist community level project advocacy and resource mobilization.
- Participate in and provide feedback to VSO and its implementing partners on all capacity building activities in the programme.
- Assist with Project Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Knowledge Management activities.
- Reporting on weekly and monthly (Written Reports) activities of Cooperative groups. Contribute case studies to periodic programme publications.
- Participate in project planning and review meetings
- All other responsibilities and commitments as adjusted to the need of our communities by VSO
Key Performance Indicators
The Key performance indicators of this placement are that:
- Target beneficiaries are able to sustain their livelihoods and the livelihoods of their families. This includes managing their own businesses, supply their produce to the markets and are always able to meet the market demands by having adequate produce for identified markets.
Below includes number indicators:
- Number of beneficiaries who have increased produce for the markets as a result of agriculture extension support and trainings received.
- Number of beneficiaries who have increased their income and have businesses as a result of training and support received.
- Number of beneficiaries able to reach the market demands through supplies of their produce.
- Number of beneficiaries supported/reached.
Min Required Experience:
Professional Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in the field of Agriculture, Business, other related field or equivalent experience
- Experience and knowledge in agri-business sector, agricultural markets and value chains and marketing
- Experience of working with/training low capacity teams
- Ability to take initiatives, team player who is able to work with minimum supervision
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Effective communications skills (report writing, verbal)
- Practicinggender & cultural diversity –essential
- Able to speak hausa
- Experience in related field
- Monitoring and evaluation; documentation and information sharing skills
- Experience in supporting market-linkages and value addition in agricultural markets
- Building and Sustaining working relationships: The social skills to build and actively maintain working relationships that foster teamwork and collaboration with others for the benefit of a common goal.
- Open Minded and Respectful A non-judgemental approach that values other people and culture.
- Seeking and Sharing Knowledge Recognition that learning is a twoway and continuous process.
- Facilitating Positive Change: The ability to analyse problems and develop lasting solutions in line with VSO approaches.
- Adaptability: A flexible approach and the ability to adapt behaviour to different situations.
- Resilience: The self-confidence to work with a variety of situations, diverse people and ambiguity.
Application Closing Date
20th June, 2019.
7th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (MS Word format)
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here