CIVICUS exists to defend people power. As a growing global alliance of over 7000 members in 175 countries, we work together to monitor violations of basic civic freedoms, call out the perpetrators of violations and strengthen the power of people to organise by supporting a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society. We strive to promote excluded voices, especially from the Global South.
Job Title: Network Engagement Coordinator
Job Location: South Africa
The Affinity Group of National Associations (AGNA) brings together national associations and regional platforms from around to world to foster greater cooperation across national and regional boundaries. AGNA is a key constituency within CIVICUS’ membership, piloting innovative new methodologies and approaches to partnership building, and improving civil society’s enabling environment. AGNA works to strengthen its members’ ability to amplify the voices of their constituencies and responds to the needs of the network through peer learning and capacity development initiatives.
The purpose of the Networks Engagement Coordinator is to lead the coordination and development of the AGNA network, facilitating collaboration and engagement between members and supporting strategic alliances that enhance the network’s ability to take collective action. Situated within the Membership and Networks cluster, the role will work across all CIVICUS teams to ensure AGNA members are engaged and supported through all CIVICUS programmes and activities.
- Minimum of five to seven years’ experience working directly with civil society or human rights organisations, ideally with civil society networks
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and project management/planning skills
- Experience of network building at the local and national level, with a thorough understanding of networking principles, particularly in the global south
- Demonstrated partnership building abilities, both internally within an organisation and externally
- Understanding of global/regional dynamics, and civil society issues and trends
- The role would suit someone from the global south who has strong experience in network building and engagement, with a demonstrated long-term commitment to civil society and citizen action
- Be an independent self-starter, with a willingness to take on unforeseen challenges but fundamentally understands the importance of partnership/relationship building and enjoys working with a diverse global group of network leaders
Submit an email their application to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Monday, 17 June, 2019