KPMG Nigeria is recruiting for fulltime Director, Financial Risk Management (FRM).
KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory Services. Our vision is to build and sustain our reputation as the best firm to work with by ensuring our people, clients and communities achieve their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Financial Risk Management (FRM)
Ref #: DDK148
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- In line with KPMG’s desire to ensure that key roles are filled by best in-class talent with the requisite skills and experience, we seek to hire a Director, FRM.
- The ideal candidate will offer advisory services in financial risk management with expertise in market risk, liquidity risk, credit risk, operational risk, regulatory risk, enterprise risk and economic forecasting.
- S/He is an individual with a deep understanding of the financial service industry and must demonstrate the ability to handle current and emerging industry challenges.
Detailed Job Description
- The Director, FRM will work closely with the Partner & Group Head, Risk Consulting to lead significant, wide variety of advisory projects and support business development initiatives. S/He will manage market risk, liquidity risk, credit risk, operational risk, regulatory risk, enterprise risk and monitor risk exposures for client organisations. The individual will also implement financial risk management strategies for clients.
- Lead financial risk management advisory projects involving complex quantitative modeling of market, credit, liqidity, operational and regulatory risks
- Develop and assist with implementation of market, operational, credit and liquidity risk policies and procedures
- Develop market, credit, operational and liquidity risk measurement methodologies relating to different products and exposures
- Develop and assist with implementation of market, operational, credit and liquidity risks systems and infrastructure
- Lead valuation of Financial Instruments e.g. Forwards, swaps, options etc.
- Support the development of risk strategy and appetite for endorsement by client’s Board & Executive Management
- Work with Executive Management to set credit, operational, market and liquidity risk limits consistent with the client organisation’s risk appetite
- Advise client management on a strategic and tactical level to ensure credit, operational, market and liquidity risks are managed within the organisation’s risk appetite
- Evaluate new products and business strategies to ensure all aspects of financial risk are properly identified, measured and adequately supported by the client’s risk infrastructure
- Review trends in the economy to identify emerging risks. Report and advise client’s Board and Management on their implications to the organization and risk management strategies
- Forecast macroeconomic trends using econometric tools
- Keep abreast with regulatory requirements and leading practices relating to market and liquidity risk e.g. Basel, Central Bank of Nigeria
- Ensure effective monitoring of several advisory projects with tight deadlines
- Coordinate financial model development and validation to meet objectives and clients’ expectations
- Review the project team’s analyses and deliverables for quality assurance
- Develop/ review detailed reports to present delivery approach, observations and recommendations
- Prepare proposals to respond to clients’ business needs and RFPs
- Make presentations and or participate in conferences to support business development initiatives and meet prospective clients
- Coordinate the recruitment, training, on-the-job development, performance and retention of financial risk management professionals
Min Required Experience:
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A good first degree in a numerical/analytical field (Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or equivalent), with a minimum of Second Class (Upper) Division from a reputable University
- A Master’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science) is desirable
- A relevant professional certification e.g. Financial Risk Manager (FRM) will be an advantage
- A minimum of 12 years’ relevant experience, with six (6) of these spent in a senior management role, in banking, FRM consulting, financial institution or industry
- Proven ability to understand client challenges and suggest value-adding solutions
- Demonstrable motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism
- Proven capacity to successfully oversee complex projects, under tight timelines, budget and work pressure
- Demonstrable ability to deal with difficult situations, focus and prioritize multiple tasks
- Proven ability to show good initiative, work independently and provide visionary leadership/supervision
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate technical terms to a non-technical audience
- Willingness to travel to meet client needs and project requirements
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, computer software and programming languages (e.g. Visual Basic, C++, R, SAS or MATLAB) and ability to implement programs using any of these languages
- Hands on and excellent credit risk, liquidity risk and market risk model development and model implementation and model validation
- Good understanding of Derivatives and complex financial instruments’ valuation techniques
- Strong knowledge of Stress testing, market risk regulatory and economic capital calculation, design of modelling and governance framework
- Excellent knowledge of financial services regulatory requirements and guidelines (e.g. Basel 3)
- Good knowledge of treasury risk management, assets and liabilities management activities & methodologies (ALM) in a banking or financial institution environment
- Demonstrable experience in financial risk management activities and controls environment
- Good knowledge of profit and loss attribution, behavioural gap analysis, cash flow forecasting, Earnings at Risk (EaR), Economic Value of Equity (EVE)
- Good experience with econometric techniques
- Excellent business acumen, strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply
About Kpmg Nigeria
KPMG Professional Services and KPMG Advisory Services are the KPMG member firm in Nigeria. The partners and people have been operating in Nigeria since 1978, providing multidisciplinary professional s…Know More about Kpmg Nigeria