Subsea 7 is recruiting for contract Project Manager.
Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. We provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Vacancy ref: 62640
Business area: Surf and Conventional
Contract type: Staff
Languages in which you may apply: English
Description Of Function
- The Project Manager is to ensure that the Contract is executed in accordance with NigerStar 7 / Subsea 7 procedures and Contract requirements, meeting targets set in terms of HSES and Quality, while achieving schedule constraints and financial objectives.
- Establish a Project Execution Plan for the completion of the Project demonstrating excellence all through.
- Put forward a clear understanding of HSEQ throughout the Project and be seen as positively influencing Safety culture and measures in all Project phases, encouraging and supporting initiatives.
- Ensure the implementation of an effective Risks and Opportunities Management system.
- Establish the Project organization and secure sufficient and qualified resources throughout the duration of the Project.
- Manage and contribute to the development of the human resources assigned to the project and ensure their yearly appraisal in liaison with the functional departments.
- Ensure clear lines of responsibility, clear split of scope of work, clear communication channels and decision making processes throughout the Project Organisation.
- Develop “team spirit” throughout the Project for maximum understanding and ownership of Project goals at all levels to enhance Project performance.
- Ensure that a complete package of tender documentation is available at or immediately after Contract Award to achieve effective handover of the tender.
- Ensure at the beginning of the Contract that the detailed budget against which the Contract performance will be measured is prepared, split by Functions and Work Packages, as applicable.
- Provide regular feed back of “lessons learnt”.
- Ensure that NigerStar 7 systems and tools are in place to allow real-time monitoring of project parameters and performance indicators.
- Identify and manage Contract changes and notify Company in a timely manner, of their impact on costs, work schedule and Contract obligations.
- Ensure monitoring, co-ordination and management of the work being performed by all Function Managers, Work Package Managers, Subcontractors and Vendors involved in the Contract.
- Ensure that all internal and external interfaces are identified and closed out in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the Project financial results are within target or above and initiate any corrective action that may be required for this purpose.
- Accurate and timely reporting of Project status to Company and to NigerStar 7 management.
- Ensure proper closing out of the Contract, both with Company and Subcontractors.
- Prepare a Contract Completion Report highlighting deviations from schedule and budget with reasons and explanations.
- The Project Manager reports to NigerStar 7 P&O Director and to Subsea 7 Africa P&O Director.
Reporting to this position are:
- Project HSES Manager,
- Project Quality Manager,
- Project Controls Manager,
- Project Engineering Manager,
- Project Supply Chain Manager,
- Project Operations Manager,
- Project Work Package Managers,
- Project Interface Manager,
- Project Assistant.
The Project Manager will regularly interface with the following:
- COMPANY representative and its Contractors
- Main NigerStar 7 Subcontractors and suppliers
- NigerStar 7 partners
- Sale and Marketing Department
- Finance Department
- Legal Department
- Human resources Department
- Gabon, Nigeria, Angola offices and Yards
- Others Regions.
Min Required Experience:
Capability Profile – Knowledge, Skills, Experience And Behaviours
- Engineering Degree associated with Mechanical, Civil, Offshore or Marine disciplines.
- Min 15 years Project Management Experience in the Oil and Gas industry
- Experience within West Africa is a plus
- Experience in pipelay and EPCI projects is very essential
- Understanding of installation environment and the needs of the various disciplines supporting the project
- Fluent in English Language
- Competent in the use of the Microsoft Office
The Project Manager will be expected to carry out the work under the following conditions:
- Position based in Nigeria, full time.
- Standard working hours but occasionally will be expected to work extended hours to meet critical deadlines
- It is not expected that the Project Manager will have to work offshore
- It is expected that the Project Manager will have to visit fabrication yards, Construction vessels, and main Subcontractors during the course of the Project
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2019.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply
About Subsea 7
Subsea 7 is one of the world’s leading global contractors in seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services to the offshore industry.We provide technical solutions to enable the delivery o…Know More about Subsea 7