The Adonis Musati Project (AMP) was formed in 2007 to assist vulnerable asylum seeker and refugee populations in Cape Town. Since then it has developed several successful community-based psycho-social interventions to assist the most marginalized and vulnerable men, women and children.
Job Title: Social Auxiliary Worker
Job Location: Cape Town
The purpose of the position is to provide a supportive role for the Social Workers and to ensure that vulnerable individuals and their families benefit from appropriate intervention and services.
- The Social Auxiliary Worker will be responsible for the screening and intake of new clients,
- Facilitate the information sessions for new clients,
- Recordkeeping and performing administrative tasks.
- Perform ad-hoc functions and reception duties when required.
- A recognized Social Auxiliary Work Certificate and proof of current registration with the South Africa Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP) for 2019.
- Experience and ability to working in an inter-disciplinary team.
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Office, Excel and excellent administrative skills.
- Maturity and comfortable working with refugees and asylum seekers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Fluency in English.
- A valid unendorsed South African driver’s license would be beneficial.
Submit your CV with the names and contact details of two recent referees to [email protected].
Application Deadline: Thursday, 4 July, 2019