OneFi started in 2012 as a brick and mortar consumer lender focused on the Nigerian market. Having raised a Series A round in 2015, we pivoted in 2016 to become a digital lender via the Paylater App (www.paylater.ng) and we are focused on provided access to financial services to the “Next Billion’ starting in Africa.
Currently, we are the largest fully automated smartphone lender in West Africa with over 1,000,000 apps downloaded and disbursing just under 2,000 loans per day in Nigeria and Ghana. Our 2018 goal is to be a digital bank in 3 countries and have secured a banking license in Nigeria already.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Finance
- The Head of Finance performs all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, liquidity management as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. He/she will ensure the availability of all financial information required to support management and other stakeholders in strategic decision-making. The role will also support business development initiatives.
- To be successful in this role, you should have experience crafting financial strategies and managing accounting teams. Ultimately, you will maintain our company’s financial health and increase profitability in the long run. This role reports to the CFO.
Duties, Responsibilities & Expected Outcomes
- Develop and provide timely, accurate and appropriate financial statements and reports for all users in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Implement and ensure adherence to internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain complete and accurate supporting documentation for all financial transactions.
- Manage the company’s cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts on a regular basis.
- Handle the acquisition of capital assets and ensure they are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate.
- Prepare supporting information for the annual audit exercise and liaise with external auditors as necessary.
- Formulate policies for budget and forecast preparation; assist other departments in budget creation; prepare the annual company budget, monitor and report on variances.
- Oversee the administration of all leases, contracts and other financial obligations.
- Compute key business metrics and report on them to management; create additional analyses and reports as requested.
- Potentially focused on Treasury and cash management processes.
- A good network with the banks (FX exchange and FX structures), dealing with regulators (CBN, FIRS, etc), knowledgeable about local tax rules and regulations.
- Ability to raise local debt equity, entrench a fully efficient finance function that provides sound fiscal strategy, policies, planning and processes.
- Able to prepare financial statements from scratch to present a true and fair view of the company’s performance.
- Highly proficient in use of major Accounting and analysis software and spreadsheets.
- Superb spoken and written communication.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a collaborative style of working.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and well-organised, with unquestionable integrity, good judgement and strong professional ethics.
Min Required Experience:
Qualifications & Other Requirements
- Proven work experience as a Head of Finance, Director of Finance or similar role
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Leadership abilities
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- MSc/MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus
- Experience in developing and documenting processes, policies and procedures is essential.
- Management Accounting, financial planning, monitoring and performance management.
- Liquidity management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Strong industry network.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here