WaterAid is an international organisation whose mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. Through their partners, they have reached 2 million people with safe water and 3 million people with sanitation last year.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Admin Volunteer
- The WaterAid volunteering is intended to be a learning and development opportunity for young professionals to gain exposure and build skills through work in an international development organisation and potentially, form a crop of professionals with experience relevant to the international development or other professional sectors
- The volunteer will undertake receptionist and other administrative support functions at the state office in Enugu. The post holder will be expected to be able to maintain the office facilities and also provide accurate information to visitors and staff.
- The post holder will serve as the custodian of petty cash and be responsible for day to day operation of the petty cash box in line with constituted authority approval, this includes payment, reconciliation, record keeping/documentation, security, compliance review and retirement. The volunteer with also be responsible for other finance related functions.
Front Desk Service:
- Attend to all visitors in a polite, professional and courteous manner.
- Answer all incoming calls and redirect them or keep messages, demonstrate courteous, positive and a helpful attitude in all interactions, including telephone conversations. Take complete messages in a professional and legible manner.
- Ensure front desk area is tidy, clean and presentable at all times and the ambience is maintained in line with profile of WaterAid.
- Apply appropriate discretion in managing information and documents of a sensitive nature; keeping hard copy documents received out of public view and not leaving them on the front desk, counters or unattended.
General Administrative Duties:
- Oversee office cleaning to ensure cleanliness, tidiness and ambience for productive work.
- Provide logistics support for State workshop and meetings.
- Receive letters, mails and parcels and distribute them in a timely manner to recipients and processing outgoing despatch.
- Collect utility bills –water bills and process payments to service providers; monitor utilisation of electricity meters and purchase recharge /top up cards to avoid interruption of office power supply.
- Perform basic office support and document processing services such as typing, photocopying, spiral binding and drafting correspondences as requested.
- Act as custodian of the stationery and office supplies storage.
- Support achievement of efficient office services; Take responsibility for basic maintenance of office facilities and premises and escalating complaints as necessary to colleagues.
Management of office equipment/office supplies:
- Regularly check the appropriate functioning of office equipment, (intercoms, photocopiers etc.) make recommendations for repair or renewal and supervise maintenance of office equipment.
- Ensure stock levels of store are adequate, accurately analyse monthly stock to state’s budgets and ensure reconciliation of store data with finance record. Also ensure the security of the store.
- Attend to staff requisitions for toiletries and other items such as tea items, papers, etc.
- Arrange prompt repairs of damaged chairs, desk and other office furniture and fixtures; Liaise with State Programme Lead to purchase replacements when necessary.
- Assist the Enugu program team in the raising partner and activity fund request. Ensure timely petty cash replenishment request and retirement.
- Ensure all cash transaction are in compliance with Water Aid policy, donor and statutory requirement as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Carry out other finance related task that may be assigned by the Finance team in Abuja and the Enugu program team.
- Maintain confidentiality of financial and other job related information.
- Maintain up to date records of all petty cash transaction on petty cash excel template. Ensure that all petty cash support documents are complete and accurate.
- Maintain proper documentation and filling of all financial documents and ensure that petty cash is kept safe, secured and locked in petty cash box always.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly petty cash count and reconciliation. Ensure proper documentation of petty cash reconciliation and petty cash counts including surprise cash counts.
- Track petty cash disbursement for timely retirement/submission of receipts.
- High sense of responsibility/ Reliable
- Ability to manage information with discretion and confidentiality
- Common sense
- Good telephone etiquette
- Applicants must be resident in Enugu State.
- Possession of a minimum of National Diploma. Significant years of professional experience in similar role may substitute for educational qualification
- Minimum of one year work experience in a similar role in a formal /structured work setting.
- Pleasant and good natured disposition with a ‘can do’ attitude /willingness to assist around the office.
- Excellent non verbal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent people skills and ability to manage conflict/difficult situation
- University Degree in Accounting, Social Sciences, Humanities
- Experience in office management and maintenance and handling petty cash.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in a single word document to: [email protected] using the Job title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 16th July, 2019.
- WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
- WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct.
- Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!
Share this opportunity with others