Going Active Africa is recruiting for fulltime Chief Of Party – Agriculture.
Going Active is a dedicated individual and organisational learning consultancy, with extensive experience of working with international organisations in Nigeria. The Going Active consultancy is based in the biggest emerging economy in Africa, Nigeria and London, UK.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party – Agriculture
Advancing Local Dairy Development in Nigeria – Abuja Based Role – Must have held a COP role before. The Client, in collaboration with other partners, seek to catalyze the local dairy sector in Nigeria in an inclusive way through a program that will improve the livelihoods, productivity, nutrition, and empowerment of smallholder women dairy farmers and the communities in which they live:
- Advocate for an enabling environment for local sourcing through engagements with the government and relevant private sector stakeholders.
- Increase demand for locally sourced milk through partnerships with dairy processors currently or interested in sourcing locally.
- Improve smallholder dairy farmers’ productivity by increasing their access to technical support services and right inputs.
- Empower women dairy farmers and enable them to improve their livelihoods and that of their households.
- Improve nutrition outcomes among smallholder dairy households through innovations in food systems.
- Provide overall leadership and strategic direction for the entire program,
- Build and manage high-level relations with the funder, Government of Nigeria, all implementing partners and stakeholders
- Oversee fiscal management to ensure that financial activities including budgeting, reporting and auditing align and are compliant with internal policies, and donor guidelines.
- Coordinate the development of strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and the overall management of the program.
- Oversee program administration, and operations, implementation. Ensure the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation.
- Oversee the hiring, onboarding, training and retention of top talent.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the program’s branding and communication strategy.
Min Required Experience:
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Master’s Degree in International Development, Business, Economics, or related field of study
- Minimum of ten (10) years of work experience in senior management position with demonstrated results focus, skills and a track record of delivering beyond expectations
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Experience in supply chain management and in leading implementation in a complex, international organization and/or in large multifaceted programs
- Good financial management skills including cash flow management and budgeting
- A familiarity with and commitment to addressing gender equality is also require
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implimenting strategy
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing stake holder alliances with the private sector;
- Able to attract, inspire, retain and lead a diverse team of highly talented professionals
- Strong interpersonal, cross-cultural communication, negotiation and diplomatic skills
- Fluent in English language, excellent writing and presentation skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Willingness to travel across program states within Nigeria, with a focus on Northern Nigeria.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply
About Going Active Africa
Going Active Africa is dedicated talent strategy, resourcing and organisational learning consultancy, with extensive experience of working with international organisations in Nigeria.Going Active is b…Know More about Going Active Africa
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
6 Positions – Not Specified
1 Position – Not Specified