Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its project in Port Harcourt:
Job Title: Project Coordinator – Support
Location: Onne Road – Port Harcourt, Rivers
- This position provides support to the Project Coordinator in the security management and the coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities and contributing to the context analysis and follow-up according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- Represents MSF during the monthly ‘Health care in Danger’ working group meetings.
- Supports the Project Coordinator for any decision link with social support and legal aspect link with MSF activity.
- Develops networking with the social actors and organizations that promote/provide support to our patients (Minors)
- Provides support to the Project Coordinator in the administrative part of coordination tasks,ensures a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributes to the context analysis and follow up, provides translations and interprets in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- Able to communicate effectively project aims and objectives to the national authorities and the national staff.
- Provides feedback and inputs to the Project Coordinator in establishing and preparing standard procedures and instructions that contribute to the effectiveness of the project.
- Works in close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the entire project team.
- Ensures the professional ethics and the code of conduct of the MSF organization.
- Ensure good collaboration with the medical team and the staff in general.
- Provides project administration support and coordination in the development and operational implementation of the project.
- Provides administrative support for highly sensitive, confidential matters and documents. Monitors and help coordinate the work of the team.
- Assists the Project Coordinator in internal and external communication sessions and events about MSF (for national staff, MOH staff, as well as local authorities in order to improve awareness and public opinion adhesion).
- Participate in decision making for the social services identified for the Survivors needing protection.
Required Skills and Conditions
- University Degree preferably in the field of Social Sciences (Political Sciences, International Public Law, Anthropology, Economics, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of MSF’s principles and values
- Knowledge of and interest in humanitarian issues
- In-depth contextual knowledge and analysis skills
- High level of knowledge of local culture and customs
- Essential: Experience in and exposure to working in a complicated political, security and humanitarian environment
- English essential (high level command both oral and written). Pidgin, and local language essential
- Essential: Experience in data collection, reporting and analysis; computer literacy (word, excel, Internet/social media)
- Desirable two years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs
- Desirable: Management experience.
Duration of Contract:
- Contract will be an open ended contract with three months probation.
- 208 working hours per month.
Monthly Gross salary of N380,947.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Submit your CV, copies of qualifications and a Cover Letter with contact details by e-mail to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
- Both application steps must be followed for your interest in this position to be considered. Paper applications not accepted.
- Candidate should make sure to submit their application on or before the closing date specified up.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefited from such acts
Application Deadline 20th September, 2019.
Share this opportunity with others