SOS Children’s Villages work in more than 133 countries to support families and help children at risk grow up in a loving home. In Nigeria, SOS Children’s Villages has been active since 1973 and has presence in Isolo-Lagos, Owu-Ijebu, Ogun State, Gwagwalada-Abuja, Jos-Plateau State, Ibadan-Oyo State and Kaduna-Kaduna State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
- The role of the Driver is to ensure provision of reliable and secure driving services for the transport of authorized personnel, delivery and collection of mail, documents and other related goods and supplies in/out of the Project location under the authorization of the supervisor.
- Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle, accurate maintenance of vehicle logs, provision of inputs for preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, tire checks, brake checks,car washing, etc.
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents and emergencies.
- Collect and distribute incoming and outgoing mail to various destinations within the city.
- Minimum of Secondary School Education.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Certificate in Mechanics is an added advantage
- 5 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of local languages of the area is desirable.
Job Title: Livelihood Officer
- The role of the Livelihood Officer is to provide technical and management support to families and community members to develop and implement self-reliance strategies to break the cycle of poverty through facilitation of community based sustainable livelihood initiatives; either in promotion of employment-oriented initiatives; enhancing skills or engaging in income-generating activities.
- The incumbent overall goal is to strengthen families and community members to improve their livelihood security and increase their income generation opportunities to enable them improve the care and protection of their children, with special focus on craft and artisan based livelihood interventions, solidarity and reaching sustainability in holistic development of their children and their families.
- Facilitate the mplementation and monitoring of all activities, at field level, as laid out in the plan of action.
- Organize and support running of livelihood activities in the programme.
- Manage the effective and proper use of assets, financial resources and facilities according to standard procedures in order to comply with auditing requirements.
- Support beneficiary’s identification and selection processes together with the Team.
- Participate in field assessments (logistic organization, identification of needs, monitoring).
- Assist in the registration of target families at the community working closely with Project Manager to ensure data is collected and is recorded within the livelihoods programming to be implemented.
- Make field arrangements for planned visits to project locations.
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of all documents and forms necessary for the implementation of the livelihoods project.
- Coordinate (or assist Livelihood Teams in coordinating) activities with local authorities, international community members, other implementing actors and partners at the local level.
- Maintain coordination and appropriate information sharing and communication lines with partners and stakeholders at field level to avoid duplication and maximize synergies.
- Record and follow up with the Livelihood Teams on complaints from participants and communities.
- Facilitate (or assist in the facilitation of) trainings for Organization staff, volunteers and participants when needed.
- Set up (or assist to set up) a clear participants follow-up mechanism and ensure that appropriate follow-up are made to support participants.
- Compile and submit regular project updates.
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field.
- Livelihood or/and Livelihood Sustainable Framework training.
- Cash transfer programming training.
- Relevant academic and/or professional backgrounds in either rural/agricultural and/or urban (e.g. income generating activities, small enterprises, micro-finance, vocational training) livelihoods fields is preferred
- At least 3 years previous humanitarian or development experience with similar Organization, INGOs, NGOs or any organization of the same field.
Job Title: Project Accountant
- The role of the Project Accountant is to assist the Project Manager in fulfilling the financial management and reporting requirements of the SOS Children’s Villages to its donor and other relevant stakeholders.
- She/He ensures that all SOS financial procedures and internal control requirements are implemented and adhered to. In addition, preparing daily and monthly progress invoices for work performed during the process.
- She/he will analyze and interpret the data to provide information about internal distribution of financial information as well as operating results and performance against budget.
- S/he supports to assure whether controls are being followed or not. S/he maintains accurate and timely cash expenditure data and prepare sub request of payment for all contractors and suppliers and make all required paperwork up to date.
- Prepare payment voucher, cheques for approval by the Project Manager.
- Ensure that all invoices are promptly paid to protect the reputation of the Organization.
- Prepare and submit bank registers and bank reconciliation statements, and all supporting receipts and vouchers to the Project Manager for final vetting and sign off.
- Prepare consolidated drawdown and cash flow forecast and analyses of variance.
- Prepare Management Accounting information for review by the Project Manager to, provide commentary on programme units drawdowns
- Assists project officers/head of teams in the preparation of the annual budget of the project/programme unit.
- Monitors expenditures, ensuring the programme unit run as economically as possible in accordance with the provisions of the annual budget without compromising quality. Report any deviation to Project/programme team lead.
- Reports any overdue amount to each unit lead for appropriate action.
- Update the inventory and fixed asset register
- At all times ensures that personal data of donors, sponsor, SOS CV beneficiaries and their families as well as SOS co-worker is handled confidentially and in accordance with the confidentiality agreement.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, with detailed knowledge of project contracts and change order documents.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in project accounting
- Strong computer literacy [MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint].
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; reporting, organization, presentation and time management skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
Job Title: Youth Development Officer
- The overview of the role is to coordinate the overall youth development programme in Edo State, building strong relationship with Government and other partners geared towards reversing the unemployment situation of young people in the state.
- Provide casework support for young people to engage with support services, education, employment and community opportunities.
- Assist young people and families to build their capacities to deal with drug use through early intervention and by coordinating group education sessions (i.e. substance misuse).
- Assist communities to identify the needs of young people and develop broad community plans and strategies that address the recreational, social and emotional needs of youths in remote communities.
- Support and initiate strategies to prevent and address problems such as substance misuse and other anti-social behavior among youths in the programme.
- Provide ongoing support, advocacy and monitoring of services and programmes for youths.
- Maintain and establish partnership and networks with services providers and other existing programmes (e.g local school, clinic, police, mental health services and other services) and work together to address the needs of youths.
- Coordinate and support the development of active youth representation e.g youth committee) to advise and liaise with regional service providers on youth issues.
- Highlight relevant issues such as needs of young people and their families for advocacy purpose. Prepare relevant reports; collect data for the Organization’s Database as required by the funding body within the specified time frame.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences (e.g such as Sociology, Community Development, etc.).
- Three  year experience in the development of youth programmes and policies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to assess community needs in the area of youth development.
- Ability to collect, record, collate and maintain efficient data on youth programmes.
- Ability to network with other agencies and mobilize young people in communities.
- Ability to identify and promote leadership within the community in order to deliver the programmes of the Organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with and among other agencies, employees and young people.
Job Title: Policy & Advocacy Officer
- The overview of the role is to increase advocacy work and the profile of SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria by leveraging its expertise as a Child Care & Protection Organization.
- The Policy and Advocacy Officer is a varied role, requiring significant skills in networking and building relationships across a range of sectors, from politics, policy making, child protection networks, international aid organizations, religious groups and structures, and academia.
- He/She will need outstanding document drafting/writing skills and the ability to communicate orally to a range of audiences from technical experts to ordinary people/stakeholders in the State.
- Undertake policy analysis and monitoring.
- Use evidence from the field to communicate and advocate to stakeholders.
- Lead the advocacy strategy for the Programme in the Edo State
- Contribute to public and private debate on Child Care, Protection and youth related topics.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in social science field.
- Experienced in influencing and advocacy work including policy development and information on issues relating to children and young people.
- Minimum of three (3) years professional experience in Communication, Advocacy or policy related field.
- Excellent analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Strong research, policy development and writing skills.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
- The overview of the role is to lead the implementation of organizational Monitoring and Evaluation systems from project initiation to closeout.
- She/he will be responsible for monitoring, evaluation, planning and reporting of performance and results. She/he will conduct regular project data analysis and identify methods to use results for program improvement
- Actively participate in the development of Project’s results framework with input from the project team.
- Develop and implement M&E Plan from the project result framework for the project and implement the plan within a Result Frame Work System.
- Lead in data collection, storage, analysis, and reporting, ensuring that data is of high quality and audit worthy (Must ensure Data Quality Management).
- Review Project report with clear check list against result areas developed by project/programme team.
- Manage research activities and ensure outcomes and lessons learned are integrated into the project and shared with relevant stakeholders.
- Lead all evaluation (baseline, mid-line and end line) activities within the project with the support of the Project Manager.
- Provide training and mentoring to partners and staff to ensure the implementation of M&E systems.
- Responsible for managing the Programme Database (PDB) in the project location taking into account all participants’ data are regularly updated and are of high quality using the data quality dimensions.
- Responsible for implementation of the Results Based Management (RBM) plan in the programme location.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Statistics, Demographics, Public Policy, International Development, Economics, or any related field.
- Minimum of three years professional experience in M&E
- Proven success in designing, implementing M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact), data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys.
- Experience developing and refining data collection tools.
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Ability to facilitate and serve as a project liaison for externally-managed evaluations.
- Fluency in the local language is desirable.
Job Title: Project Manager
- The overview of the role is to manage the implementation and ongoing monitoring component phase of the project in accordance with the Organization’s policies, strategies, standard/guidelines and established operational procedure.
- Manage the overall project for the benefit of the participants and stakeholders within our target group in the target community.
- Facilitate stakeholder analysis, lead project planning and ensure that the annual planning process is carried out.
- Manage the implementation of Project activities according to the objectives, actions and time frames. Guide and support the development of sustainable community responses to the situation of children within our target group in the community.
- Ensure that children within our target group in the targeted community participate in the entire phase of the project.
- Guide and support the building of self-reliance in families.
- Build a strong SOS Project location team.
- Ensure strong financial management and administration in the project location and that they are in accordance with existing standards or policies of the organization.
- Minimum of Bachelors and preferably Master’s Degree in the Social Sciences [Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, Community Development or Economics].
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in the field of Project Management or Family and Community Development.
- A strong understanding of program design and development, especially in the sectors of Education, Health, Livelihood, Gender and GBV, Child Protection, etc.
- Experience in social science research and extensive experience conducting assessments, evaluations, etc.
- A thorough understanding of Documentation Control Management, Result Based Management and Project Control Management, and training approaches is required.
- Strong critical innovative thinking and proven leadership skills.
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and networking skills.
- Trustworthiness and confidentiality as well as modelling principled behavior.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 4th October, 2019.
Share this opportunity with others