BUA Group is recruiting for fulltime Plant Breeder.
BUA Group started business in 1988 as a Private Limited Liability Company specializing in the importation and marketing of iron & steel, agricultural and industrial chemicals. Since then it has rapidly developed into a fully-fledged, diversified business with a stake in a wide range of business sectors.
BUA (LASUCO) Sugar Plantation is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant Breeder
Location: Lafiagi, Kwara
Role Overview & Responsibilities
- Undertake scientific research into plant and crop with the aim of improving sugarcane breeding techniques and developing new sugarcane varieties to improve plant performance.
- Set research aims and objectives and produce plans and budgets for such researches.
- Undertake researches for new methods of plant breeding for sugarcane and other crops in the project area.
- Supervise and undertake laboratory, glasshouse and field trials; analyse and interpret data to identify the best sugarcane varieties for the project area.
- Keep records of department breeding researches and findings, and present scientific findings.
- Keep up to date with developments related to sugarcane breeding, and writing technical publications and reports; participate in related conferences and seminars.
- Manage the technical staff in the breeding section and liaise with other plant breeders in the field.
Min Required Experience:
- BSc in Agriculture Science or equivalent.
- Masters Degree (MSc) will be of added advantage.
- 15 years experience in plant breeding with a minimum of 10 years in Sugarcane breeding.
- Ability to plan and conduct research, carry out practical experimental work.
- Strong knowledge of plant breeding researches and experimental procedures.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday 15th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the position in the subject of your application.
- Qualified candidates that meet the specified criteria for each role are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to email@example.com
About Bua Group
BUA Group is a top producer of foods and infrastructure in Nigeria. Sectors include sugar, flour, pasta, edible oils, rice, cement, steel, real estate, ports, terminals.BUA Group is a leading Foods &a…Know More about Bua Group