FHI 360 is recruiting for fulltime Chief Of Party.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party
Locations: Lagos and Bauchi
Job Title: Full time
- The COP will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of the project and report directly to the designated USAID COR.
- S/he will supervise project implementation and ensure the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements.
- The proposed COP should possess excellent leadership and interpersonal qualities and should have extensive experience in public/international health.
- S/he should have experience managing similar projects with significant management responsibility with proven ability to work with partners including host country government officials as well as other donors and stakeholders.
- The proposed COP should have solid track record in managing the implementation of large scale programs with similar complexity.
- S/he should have solid technical knowledge in HIV/AIDS, infectious diseases (malaria and TB), maternal and child health, HSS, QA/QI etc.
- The COP position requires political savvy, as s/he will interact with numerous GON institutions and senior-level national and sub-national level government officials.
- Develop and execute overall project strategy and work plan and achievement of project results
- Direct and monitor implementation of activities within the work plan, ensuring that activities are performed to a high professional standard, effectively implemented and fulfill donor and the organization’s requirements.
- Oversee all technical assistance and administrative support activities under the program.
- Ensure that all program deliverables are met in a high quality and timely fashion.
- Ensure compliance with all donor- related, organization’s, and program-specific policies.
- Supervise and mentor all senior management staff.
- Provide managerial oversight to all project activities and partnerships, and ensure compliance with the organization’s and USG regulations.
- Oversee the sub-contract and sub- grant cycle from pre-award to close- out including solicitation processes, pre-award, award, monitoring and close-out of sub-awards based on donor regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Provide oversight for the project’s financial management systems and ensure that they are in line with the organization’s policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations.
- Oversees project budget development and undertake regular analysis of project expenditure, sub- awards and lead the preparation of budget amendments/modification for negotiation with donor.
- Recruit, supervise, mentor, and motivate project team which includes staff from the organization and international and national partners.
- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with federal government and regional entities to support project implementation.
- Maintain effective linkages between technical components, grants and finance and administrative functions within the project.
- Coordinate with other donor implementing partners on common objectives and activities, as needed.
Min Required Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Social Science, International Development or other related discipline.
- Ten years of senior level management experience in the design, implementation, monitoring and reporting of activities of similar size and complexity in Nigeria or a similar setting.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language
- Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience
- Experience with USG rules and regulations
- Experience operating in insecure environments
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403 (b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Availability of position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
- The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply
About Fhi 360
Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes e…Know More about Fhi 360
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
11 Positions – 3 Locations
6 Positions – Not Specified
1 Position – Not Specified