AngloGold Ashanti Iduapriem Limited (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a workforce of over 1400, including contractors.
AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the role of EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (EMT) DRIVER
• The purpose of this role is to ensure daily Ambulance checks as required (e.g. check the conditions of the vehicle – the brakes, tyres, level of fuel, lubricants, medical equipment and cleanliness of the vehicle) Also, the qualified applicants must possess Emergency Medical Technician (Basic Certificate) from an accredited institution.
• Ensure daily Ambulance checks as required (e.g. check the conditions of the vehicle – the brakes, tyres, level of fuel, lubricants, medical equipment and cleanliness of the vehicle);
• Complete relevant documentation associated with the reporting of any vehicle defects found and vehicle serviceability;
• Transport staff/patients to external referral health facilities in a prompt and efficient manner ensuring their safety and comfort at all times;
• Take responsibility for the ‘collection’ and ‘delivery’ of official medical supplies and other stocks to and from any designated location;
• Keep the vehicle logbook updated regularly
• Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation, including the use of automated external defibrillators;
• Support emergency response team to deal with pre-hospital emergency medical care in the event of mass casualty or acute traumatic situations such as:
o controlling hemorrhage,
o treatment of shock (hypo perfusion)
o bandaging wounds
o immobilisation of painful, swollen, or deformed extremities,
o immobilisation of painful, swollen, or deformed neck or spine;
• Reassuring patients and bystanders by working in a confident, efficient manner.
• Undertake other official driving or vehicle assignment duties under the instruction of the head of transport services;
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of SSSCE/WASSCE
• Must possess Ghanaian Professional Driving Licence (Category C)
• Must possess Emergency Medical Technician (Basic Certificate) from an accredited institution.
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified persons are required to send their application letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) marked ‘EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN‘ in the subject line of the email to:
Closing Date: 18 October, 2019
Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No drop-ins will be accepted.
AAIL is an equal opportunity employer. At qualified individuals are welcome to apply.